As you might recall, last year I posted my list of thirty things I wanted to accomplish by the time I turned 30. You can find the original post here.
Since 2013 is the year that I will turn 30 (oh jeez, how scary!) I'm going to do monthly updates about my progress. I'll do my best to post them on the 8th of each month, since my birthday is November 8th. Fingers crossed I can put a check mark next to most of these in the coming months!
FYI: orange=done, purple=planned
- Get Married - DONE! 9/8/12
- Own a bicycle & actually use it
- Meet our neighbors
- Do a funky wall treatment somewhere in the house - (almost) DONE! Guest room plank wall!
- Buy a real piece of furniture - IKEA does not count
- Build something, using power tools and all
- Learn how to de-stress
- Spend a full 24 hours "unplugged" - no twitter, facebook, texting, etc - DONE! Actually, almost a whole 7 days on our Honeymoon
- Go golfing
- Host an awesome BBQ
- Go bar-hopping & stay out ridiculously late - Bachelorette party will not count
- Get a drastic haircut - DONE! Donated 10.5 inches to Locks of Love 9/12/12
- Travel to Disney World and/or Disneyland - Unfortunately, this probably won't happen this year. There is just too much going on. But maybe we can plan a 2014 trip before the big 3-0 ;)
- Take a road trip across at least 2 state lines - Plans are in the works for a road trip to Ohio this summer! That takes me across Indiana & Ohio state lines! :)
- Visit Brookfield Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum & Museum of Science and Industry
- Learn a new skill - DONE! Winter 2012 I learned how to sew a zipper and how to oil my sewing machine when it completely stopped working.
- See a play
- Volunteer for something
- Continue writing this blog - So far so good - and I have BIG plans for 2013! :)
- Watch all Harry Potter & Star Wars movies in order
- Re-read Wuthering Heights & Catcher in the Rye
- Sew a quilt
- Perfect a recipe from scratch - commit it to memory
- Own a bright colored pair of Converse sneakers - bonus points for equally bright shoelaces
- Take more pictures
- Start a savings plan/pay off debt
- Get a puppy
- Win a contest on the radio (or at least try really, really hard)
- Hang pictures/art in the new house - Started! We have our awesome Gallery Wall, and more to come soon!
- Visit at least 5 different amusement parks - The Ohio road trip plans include a day at Cedar Point - so that'll be one amusement park visited!
So, six items are officially DONE! :) woo!
Plus there are plans in the works for getting a jump on four more items on the list. Not a bad start to the year, right?
I also think that #11 might happen during the #Ohio2013 road trip, since I'll be partying with my BFF, Melanie! haha
Does anyone else have a Thirty by Thirty list? Bucket List?