Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy February!

Wow! Where did January go?! Anyone else feel like time has been stuck in Fast-Forward the past 6-8 months? jeez!

Lately I've been having a hard time juggling. I have a lot going on and it's tricky to find balance sometimes. I have my full time job at the Toy Store, my Etsy shop (which requires a TON of work), this blog, plus I have a husband and kitten that I like to spend time with, too!
It's just a bit much. I get tired even thinking about how much I try to squeeze into a day!

So, here's the deal. Blogging is going to be a little erratic for a while. I need to get a groove going with work, live and the Etsy shop. Then I'll add blogging and house projects into the mix. It sucks that blogging keeps taking the backseat to everything (like the wedding a few months ago), but something has to give. And, unfortunately, the activities that make me some moolah take priority. Yup, I said it. I'm materialistic like that ;)

Next month is my Blog-iversary. ONE YEAR! Yikes. I'm going to view that as my fresh start with this hobby. By then I should have found a good balance between life, work and etsy, so it'll be a good time to add the blog back in.
I'm not going on a full hiatus, though. I'll still pop in from time to time! I'm starting to get better ideas on paint colors that I want to use around the house, so hopefully we can start painting in the next few weeks. I've been having wayyyy too much fun playing with the MyColortopia tool. Check out my thoughts on the office/sewing room:

It's not perfect (like my corner line is the wrong angle, so the walls look wonky. oops.), but I like the look! I'll probably go a deeper teal on the window wall (and possibly the closet wall opposite). My color ideas are tan/beige, teal and lime. I can see it in my head, and it's this quirky modern space that I love!

So. Things will be a little quiet around here for the time being.
I'll still be tweeting up a storm, though, so follow me on Twitter @HumberHomePrjct :)

How do you balance different parts of your life? Do you schedule things out, or just go with the flow?

-------

PS - On Friday (2/8) you'll have the chance to win a Humble Penguin bow clutch over at Practically Functional! Check out Jessi's week of giveaways as she celebrates her first year of blogging!


Practically Functional Blogiversary Giveaways!

5 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the balancing thing. I'm kind of running around like a mad woman trying to get things done. Finding a balance is rough!

    I can't believe it's February 2013 already. Time is flying right by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard trying to find the time to get everything in. I suppose a schedule would work, as long as you can stick to it. I find that when I have a to do list I get more done....Crossing my fingers that I get to win one of your bow clutches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding a balance is definitely a hard skill to learn! I fight with it often. I'm sure you'll get there though and at least you are setting priorities. I think that's the first step : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally with you... between work, school, blog, Etsy, and Walker/Bo, I have my hands full too! I am exhausted and I wish I could get a free day (or seven) to catch up.

    Finding that balance takes time so focus on you and we will all be here when you get back! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta do what you've gotta do girl! Finding a balance is so hard! The worst is when I don't have the time or money to make something to go on the blog haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...