My first year of blogging was a big one in my life. Basically, I got to tackle a TON of life changes, and it's been kind of a fun year. :) I thought today I would run through some of the life-changing events that have happened in the last 12 months, followed by some fun stats from the past year!
Don't forget to hop over and take my quick survey before Friday - I can't wait to share all the results.
So here are the top events that have happened since I began this little blog of mine...
1. Obviously, if we didn't move into the new house, the blog never would have been born! Even though the house needs updating, I really love it. I'll love it even more when my knee heals and the stairs don't hurt ;)
2. Getting married was certainly a big life change! While our relationship didn't change much, things just feel RIGHT. Also, having the stress of wedding planning out of my life is pretty wonderful. haha
3. Re-opening my Etsy shop was so exciting!! I've been blown away by how successful the shop has been. Granted, things have definitely slowed down since I can't do wedding orders at the moment, but I really feel like I'm on to something good here. Once I recover, I plan to start testing and making new products and then really throwing myself into the shop more. Thanks to everyone for your support here, too!
4. The knee surgery is still an ongoing event. But I'm excited for when I'm healed and can start living life to the fullest! It'll be a huge change to not be scared about twisting my knee and being in pain every day. :)
5. Our honeymoon was incredible! So relaxing! Hopefully we can go on another relaxing, wonderful vacation again next year. Even though I'll be pushing for a not-so-relaxing trip to Disney World since we haven't been for a few years. haha
6. It might sound silly to some, but I really did meet one of my best friends through blogging. Melanie from Mailbox Journey and I just kind of clicked. It all started with us commenting on each other's blogs a few times, then we connected on twitter. One night, while emailing back and forth, Melanie suggested leveling up our friendship and swapping phone numbers. New Years Eve I finally got up the courage to text her and we've been texting each other nonstop ever since! We had plans to meet up this Summer, but my knee surgery put a kink in that plan... but hopefully we can still make it happen :)
7. I've always wanted to donate my hair and finally did it this year! I was growing my hair out for the wedding, and got sick of the long locks, so I decided to chop it all off in one fell swoop and sent it in to Locks of Love so that a kid with cancer could get a wig made out of real hair. Good deeds feel so wonderful!
Wow, it's been a big year!
Now let's move on to some fun numbers and figures that relate to the blog over the past year!
109 Blog Posts
535 Comments (You guys rock!)
22,600+ Total Views
This is probably nothing for some of you, but it's huge and exciting for me!
7 Awesome Guest Posts during our wedding
The Top Five Referring Sites...
Top Five Keywords...
"DIY Canvas Art"
"Orange Soda Cupcakes"
"Mickey & Minnie Lived Happily Ever After"
"Half Circle Bandaid" (what?!)
"How to Put Multiple Frames Together"
Unfortunately, nothing completely off the wall. Those always make me laugh!
Social Media by the Numbers:
Wow! That turned out to be a really long post! Good job for getting all the way through it! :)
So, what's the biggest thing that's happened to you in the past year?!